Europe is a complex region; the solutions to ensure F-35 parts - & aircraft availability in the European region with amongst others customs, VAT, compliance and transport regilations is available to the F-35 program.
Europe: A continent with 44 countries, over 60 languages and upwards of 80 cultures. 28 (27 after the Brexit) countries work together within the European Union, but they each have their own laws and regulations for transport, taxes and customs, for example. The EU has one customs regime but each country translates this in its own manner and each customs organization has its own way of working. At a distance, Europe appears to be homogeneous and simple, but a closer look reveals it to be heterogeneous and complex.
Europe is a very complex region. As the picture shows there is a lot of variations, local rules and regions as well as EU legislation that is valid for all EU countries (customs) and EU legislation that is valid per country (VAT). In addition, there is a combination of area’s: EU, Schengen, EFTA and Eurozone and that has an impact on daily business and supply chain operations.
From a practical point of view, the F-35 program will have to deal with:
- 1. EU Customs rules & regulations with local interpretations
2. Bonded warehousing including local interpretations of IPR/OPR
3. VAT legislation that can have a big cash ow impact
4. Export licencing arrangements related to ITAR/ EAR dealing with DDTC and local government
5. Hazmat rules and regulations related to SME (signi cant military equipment) with local rules and regulations per country including application of (transit) licences
6. Domestic transport regulations with limitations in allowing trucks to drive on certain days & timeframes
With Europe being our “hometurf” we are aware of these rules, regulation and specifics. We know the appropriate networks, organisations and persons in Europe in case of excursions and deviations in the F-35 supply chain.
for the F-35 sustainment program
Main movieF-35 European logstics operations in a birds eye view
Warehousing & DistributionCentral warehouse in Europe to be the pivot and gateway for European operations
CustomsAs little interference as possible while providing efficient customs supervision
ComplianceActing in accordance to strict compliance rules and regulations
Inventory ManagementActing proactively and looking ahead to safeguard the required availability of parts
Order ManagementHandle peak demand during military operations
Contract and perfomance managementTimely identification of lagging performance